Consumers continue to seek vanities that enhance the look of the bath while still providing practical value. Clean lines, furniture styling and soft-close drawers are some of the major trends right now, while green design seems to be fading a bit.
Below are some of the hottest trends in bath vanities right now:
– While designs run the gamut from ultra-modern to ornate traditional, current trends tend to favor clean-lined transitional styles.
– Furniture-like details are seeing greater demand, with interesting finishes, premium hardware and quality design features that appear on the sides as well as the fronts of the cabinet gaining in popularity.
– When it comes to color choices, darker tones lead the way, but there has also been a rise in white, natural and other finishes, as well as exotic veneers.
– While there is some demand for open storage with accessories such as woven baskets to add visual interest, the majority of bath vanities still focus on closed storage that keeps clutter out of sight.
– Soft-close drawers are also growing in demand, along with deeper drawers and organizational accessories that help the homeowner to organize bath products.
– Green design seems to have fallen on the back burner when it comes to bath vanities, with consumers expecting companies to be environmentally conscious, but not necessarily willing to pay more for this in a still-challenging economy.
Source material from Kitchen & Bath Design News on November 29, 2012