Kitchen remodeling decisions can be time consuming, and choosing the right type of floor is important. Before you choose tile for your new kitchen, here are some things to consider.
Benefits of Tile
Tile flooring is a great choice for kitchens. In addition to the fact that it looks great and comes in a wide variety of styles, it provides many other benefits, including the following:
- Durability. Tile floor is very durable and is great for homes with pets and children.
- Ease of cleaning. It is easy to mop tile floors, and they are resistant to stains. Tile also doesn’t absorb odors and bacteria from spills.
- Versatility. Tile can be arranged into an endless variety of patterns, so it’s easy to customize the look of your kitchen.
The size of tiles you choose for your kitchen is ultimately up to you and your personal taste. Many professionals recommend using large tiles because they give the kitchen an updated look. Additionally, larger tiles also require fewer grout lines and cuts during installation. This means that there installation will be less complicated and there will be less chances of problems in the future.
An endless variety of colors of tile are available. Try choosing one that is timeless rather than something very trendy so your floor will look great and in style for years to come. If possible, choose a neutral or muted tone so you can update your paint and color scheme in the future without having to change your entire floor.
Tile comes in many different styles, including natural stone and glazed ceramic. Some tiles even look like hardwood flooring. Choose a style that suits your own personal taste that will match many different styles of decor, and you can keep your kitchen looking up to date for many years into the future.
There are three main types of tile. Each has its own pros and cons.
- Ceramic. This tile is made from clay. It’s easy to install but also easier to damage than porcelain.
- Porcelain. This tile is made from sands and minerals. It’s more durable than ceramic tile, and also water resistant. Porcelain tile is harder to install than ceramic.
- Stone. This tile has natural beauty and is the most durable tile. However, it requires sealing and it’s also more expensive than ceramic or porcelain.
Installing tile requires careful attention to detail and considerable skill. Hiring an experienced contractor in the Warren MI area is a good idea if you have no experience laying tile. Experienced kitchen remodelers in Warren MI can also help you choose the right type of type for your kitchen remodel.
When you’re ready to make the decision about tile flooring for your kitchen, make sure to keep the items above in mind. Doing so will help you find the tile that meets your needs long into the future.
Remake or remodel your bathroom and/or kitchen today with Kurtis Kitchen and Bath. Find us online at http://www.kurtiskitchen.com/, visit our showrooms in Clarkston, Livonia, Royal Oak, Woodhaven, and Utica MI, or call us at 1-888-Kurtis-1.