Other than the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most likely rooms in your house that could some renovations. Real estate agents say that bathrooms can actually make or break deals on home sales. If you are considering bathroom remodeling
in Livonia MI, you should know that it will add value to your home in case you later decide to sell. One of the latest questions homeowners have been asking is if they should get rid of their bathtubs during renovations. If you are on the fence about your tub, here are some things to consider:
Reasons to Forget the Tub
1. Lack of use: How often do you really use your tub? With hectic schedules, almost as many women as men take quick showers to save time. If you rarely use the tub, just leave it out of your plans. If you feel like an occasional bath, you can always use the tub in the guest bathroom.2. Larger Showers: If you have noticed in a lot of design magazines, many homeowners opt for larger shower stalls instead of bathtubs. They are often elaborately tiled and have a seat for comfort. Many of them have multiple shower heads and are large enough for two people to shower at the same time.
3. Hygienic/Safety Reasons: Even though you may feel invigorated after a leisurely bath, consider that all of the dirt and dead skin cells from your body are still floating all around you. Some studies have shown correlations between taking bubble baths and female urinary tract infections. Also, many falls that elderly people experience are from getting in or out of a bathtub.
4. More Space: Although some homes have shower/bath combinations, the unit still takes up a majority of space in the bathroom. If you have your bathroom remodeled and just keep a shower stall, you could have more storage space for towels and linens. You could even have more space for a private toilet stall.
Reasons to Keep Your Tub
1. Aesthetics: For some people, a bathroom just would not look right without a tub. If you must have one for your remodeling project, consider ditching your old fiberglass tub/shower unit for a free-standing soaking tub. They are beautiful and may be the thing that impresses a potential buyer should you sell your home.
2. Relaxation: There are those that enjoy their bathtubs because it helps them to relax. Relaxing in a warm tub of water can ease tired joints and muscles and release the stress of the day. Many newer models have jets that gently massage the body. It is ideal for people who have arthritis and other painful conditions.
3. Kid-Friendly: Some people do not have the luxury of having more than one bathroom; so they only have one tub to bathe their children. Tubs are more convenient for bathing younger children, since they are often afraid of showers. Plus, kids have a lot of fun playing with bath toys in the tub. If you have kids, you may want to keep your tub in the bathroom remodeling.
The professionals in Livonia MI are ready to answer your questions about your bathroom remodeling. They can help you decide if you want to keep your tub or not.